Friday, July 3, 2009

Such a proud momma

Last night from 8-10:30 Ashley had her first cheer tryouts. After I picked her up I got the full scoop on what they did. They did conditioning, jumps, stunts, tumbling and dancing. She said they would be making cuts last night by number. By the time we got home though it was so late so I looked this morning to see if she made it past the first rounds, SHE DID!!!! I am so proud! She said she was so nervous because the coaches told her she was too short to be a back spot, which is the position she has been doing for the past year on her school team. The next try outs are Sunday when they will make even more cuts. I hope she gets through, she is so good at cheerleading. Ashley also got offered a babysitting job on Mondays. She is watching 3 kids from 9 am to 3 pm. Not a bad gig for a 14 yr old. She enjoys it and the kids are super good so that is a big plus.
While Ashley was trying out I figure since I would be in town there would be no reason to go home so I went to the grocery store, picked up some pictures I printed and sat in the parking lots reading a new book I picked up "Three Cups of Tea" all by myself. It was pretty nice and quiet.

5 comments:

Mama Jean said...

Congradulations Ash, they just have to realise what we alwys knew, you have natural talent. Go girl!!!!

Mama Scrapper said...

yay Ashley!!! I always wanted to be a cheerleader. But, the whole "uncoordinated" side of me always got in the way!

Freckles Fotography said...

Great Job Ash! I am so proud of you!

Esther said...

Good for Ashley! I always wanted to be a cheerleader too, but alas, I couldn't do a cartwheel.

Jenn said...

Go Ashley!