Friday, July 23, 2010

Hey there we are still alive!

Well I had this grand idea that every day I would post about the past few days but it's not going that way. By the time we get back from our daily adventures I am exhausted. I will just give a few brief details of our latest adventures. The day we went to the Calgary Tower we got stuck in a hail storm, fun times. Luckily Calgary has this skyway called +15 which is a walkway system throughout the city from building to building. You can stay inside all warm and toasty and still walk around the city.
Last Tuesday we left the big city and headed for the mountains in Canmore, AB. We heard from a few people that Canmore is a really nice mountain town and not as touristy as Banff. Fine with us we usually take the off roads and don't follow the usual touristy stuff. We checked into our mountain getaway Stone Ridge Mountain Resort. Since it was raining we headed to the grocery store and went to rent movies. The next day we woke up surrounded by huge mountains soaring into the clouds. It was beautiful!!! We headed to Banff to take the gondola up 7,486 feet into the beautiful blue sky. This was an amazing highlight of our trip. For as long as I live I will never forget the view from the top. As if the day couldn't get any better....... Ashley and I took a mountain tour on horseback through the mountains. and along the Bow River. If you haven't seen the pictures you can check them out here: Calgary Pics
We had been promising the kids for days that we would take them to the park. The night before we put them to bed Preston said to me "mommy, we go to park tomorrow?" I told Aaron before we do anything else in the morning we are finding a playground so the kids can swing and slide. Don't get me wrong they have been running around and burning off lots of energy but you know when they are tired and you will say anything to get them to get in to stroller. Get in the stroller and we will go to the park is one of them...... who knew Preston would remember days later. In fact I was a little scared to be gone from home for so long thinking their sleep would be so messed up. That is so not the case though. We have been doing so many things that they fall asleep in the stroller after lunch almost every day. Anyway I digress. After the park we went to Lake Louise. This was the most beautiful lake I have ever seen. The water was so turquoise and clear. I can't even describe the beauty of the mountains with the snow and the lake below.

Aaron and I had been wanting to go on a hike into Johnston Canyon but knew with the kids it would be difficult. Luckily by the time we arrived to the trail (we were just going to drive by) Preston and Lily were sleeping and Ashley wasn't feeling in a walking mood. She took a nap as well while Aaron and I hiked through the canyon next to water falls and steep cliffs.


I will cut this post short since it's quite long. Believe me I have lots more to share with you we have been having so much fun.
I will post more tomorrow or when the adventures slow down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some amazing pictures guys! I sure miss the rugged mountains of the west because they make me feel close to God, more so than any church.

Kevin