Sunday, April 13, 2008

A little gift

After having the babies they left me with a little gift. A hernia! So Friday I had hernia repair surgery. All I can say is owwww. It hurt like hell. They put 3 incisions on my left side so they could insert the mesh that is below my belly button. I am sore and have really been taking it easy. Since Aaron is in Canada my mom has been here since last Thur. I am not allowed to lift anything over 5 lbs for 2 weeks. So no carrying my babies :( My mom has been lifting them onto the changing table, getting them out of bed and putting them in their high chairs for me. She has also been cleaning up and doing laundry. She has been a huge help. I am so grateful to have my family. I will miss them terribly when we move.
The babies are doing so well. I don't have the scale anymore so I have no idea how much they weigh. They go to the dr at the end of April for their 6 month check up so we will know then. I do know that Ashley is getting taller everyday it seems she grows more.
I had this bright idea this morning to take some pics in front of the bluebonnets in my front yard. It is a small patch so we had to position the babies just right. Since I can't lift them my mom had to do all the work. Basically the pictures sucked so I told my mom tomorrow I want to go out off of 290 and take some pics with the big bluebonnet patches. She agreed so we may do that if I am not too sore.
Some really good friends of ours are expecting their first baby. I can't be more excited for them. Congrats Patrick and Amy!! I love you guys.

Take care- Love Staci

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Wow - I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Let us know if you need anything - I'd be glad to bring you guys dinner or something.

Mama Scrapper said...

Man, surgery sucks! I am so glad your mom is there to help! Let me know what I can do to help.