Sunday, July 6, 2008

A really hard time

Every day I hug my kids and make sure they know they are loved. Lately, especially the past few days I have been doing it more often. I don't know why I am having such a hard time with the kids getting older. For example: Ashley asked if she could go in my closet and borrow one of my shirts. Sure no problem until I reminisce back to when I used to borrow my moms clothes and it was only a matter of time until I was all grown up. Ashley is growing into such a smart, beautiful young lady right before my eyes and it scares me so much. I don't know where the time went. The babies are no different. Yesterday I took all the clothes they have outgrown out of their closet. Once I took out the old they were left with about 5 outfits. I went down to the basement and pulled out the 9 month clothes to fill the empty space in their closet. Lily is wearing 6-9 months still but Preston is totally in 9 months. He can still wear some 6 month
t-shirts but that won't last too much longer.
It doesn't help my emotions that Preston is now completely sitting up on his own, Lily is scooting all over and Ashley is wearing my clothes. I guess these are just blips on the milestone radar. There are still so many more to come.

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

I don't know if this will help or not, but rest assured that you're doing an amazing job at raising all three of the kids. I'm sure that everyone goes through moments when it seems like they are growing up so fast... but they'll ALWAYS need their Mom!

dawnmanuel said...

Girl, I feel your pain about the babies getting older and Ashley. At least it's a compliment that Ashley asked if she could wear your clothes. That means your a hip mom. You all look great. I don't always get to view your blog, but when I do, I love it. I told Adam about the moose in your backyard and he thought that was funny because I am terrified of wildlife too close to home. And I LOVE your home.

Deanna said...

Hey girl, I love all the pictures, so we are going to visit ASAP, it seems BEAUTIFUL!! I miss ya'll and the babies are getting so big. Tell Ashley we love her and good luck with soccer!! Love ya'll!!

Katja Stahr-Long said...

Hey Staci - I really enjoy peaking into your world through your blog. the kids do grow up so fast. It is great that, although the time is flying by, you seem to savor every moment. I hope to come visit one of these days if I can swing it until then miss you all and hope you are able to find a bit of time to scrap!