Friday, January 2, 2009

What a trip

And it's not over yet. We have had a few road trips mixed in with our Christmas vacation. We got home from Louisiana on the Monday after Christmas then headed to the family farm in Centerville, Tx on New Year's Eve to ring in the new year with the grandparents. We figured our days of ringing in the new year drunk then suffering with a hangover the next day are over. We had a nice quiet night with very little fan fare. We did some fishing, relaxing, had a bon fire and exploring with the kids before heading back to Houston today. Tomorrow we have my niece's 3rd birthday party then Sunday we head home. As much as I am not looking forward to going back to Canada to the snow and slush it will be nice to get back to normal. Or as much normal as we are used to. 
We have lots and lots of pictures so please just bear with me I will get them uploaded I promise. 
    

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I bumped into your blog through a blog of a blog... you get the idea? Anyway, I was struck by the fact that you have a teenage daughter named Ashley, and twin one year olds. I have a teenage Ashley and twin one year olds as well. My twins were adopted somewhat suddenly and I'm still struggling to adjust. Any good reads or suggestions?

Kim H. said...

I can't wait to see the pictures!! I'm glad that you've had a good trip home again... I can imagine that while it's sad to leave everyone - it'll be nice to sleep in your own bed and all of that fun stuff again. :-)

Annie said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip and the time with family. I'm anxious to see the pictures.

Have a great week.