Friday, February 20, 2009

Follow up Friday!

Jennifer asked:
How are you guys passing the day with the storm?

Answer: Mostly by cooking, surfing the net, watching movies, driving each other crazy!

Kim asked:
How'd you figure out the signature?

Answer: I went to scrapblog.com and created a layout but only used a corner of the page. I then uploaded to photobucket and cropped, then saved on the blog so every time I post it automatically appears on the post. I also use scrapblog to create my header.

Shelley asked:
How many family pictures do you actually have printed for photo albums or to use for scrapbooking? I've taken over 12,000 pictures of the kids (18 months old) since they were born! Because they're all digital, I don't have many printed pictures and I'm not really a scrap-booker. I am planning to use blurb to turn my blog into a book, but I just can't decide what to do about the buzillion digital pictures. Anyway, just curious since I know you're good at this stuff! I thought about maybe picking 20 of the best pictures from each month, but of course it's hard to narrow it down. :-)

Answer: Well I am like you I have lots of digital photos probably not 12,000 (wow) but alot. What I do is go through them every month and decide which ones I want to scrap then print them off and get them done. I usually choose funny faces, milestones or cute pictures in general. I have started a blurb book but am only up to May of last year. I am not sure where to stop, maybe their 1st birthday. You can also go to Shutterfly and do just a picture book. I have thought about doing that for their first year, second year and so on, that way it's just a book of pictures. I made a book for my grandparents at Christmas and was very pleased how it turned out. We don't have any pictures printed except what's scrapped or in frames around the house. Good luck....... let me know what you decide since I am always looking for ideas.


Thank you so much for participating each week. It has been really fun!

We had a pretty bad storm this morning but by 11 am it was all done. Ashley was out of school due to the weather. She has plans to go out of town to Grand Falls this weekend so I went and dropped her off and headed to Micheal's while Aaron was home with the babies. Of course they were having a sale! I have been eyeballing the Cuttlebug for a while now but couldn't decide if I wanted to order it online from the US or pay for it up here. By the time you factor in duty, taxes and shipping fees it would have been about the same. So anyway I went to Michael's and they had it on sale for 50% off and only 1 left....... of course it's a sign so I bought it. I can't wait to try it out tonight.
I am looking outside right now and the sky is so blue, their is no wind, and the temp is 41! The drive way is clear and the babies just woke up so I think we will head outside for some fresh air. Have a good weekend!!!!

Photobucket

No comments: