Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashley

I know this is a day late but it would have been hard for me to write yesterday. My mom asked me if I did anything special for Ashley's birthday? I thought to myself no we celebrated last week in Texas (cake, presents, family & friends). I think that I didn't want to make a big deal of the day because it is so hard for me to realize my first born, my baby girl, my everything, is 14. I am so grateful that she forgives me for not making a big deal about it. Today though I went and bought her a bunch of make up and tried to buy her forgiveness. I had plans to decorate her room, get her a cake and sing happy birthday but I was selfish and did none of this. We did tell her happy birthday we didn't totally think it was just another day.
Thank you Ashley for forgiving your mother for being so selfish..... I love you!

3 comments:

Freckles Fotography said...

I am sure Ash understands.
She is an amazing young lady and you have done a great job raising her.
I cant even imagine how hard it will hit me when my kiddos hit the teen years.. I get panic attacks just thinking about it. I love you guys!

Kim H. said...

That happened to me once or twice when I was around Ashley's age - and look how I turned out! (or wait - maybe not...HA!) I'm sure Ashley appreciates that the big celebration was at home with everyone that loves her. :-)

And I also think that the makeup would be appreciated too!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!!!

Luv ya!