Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall decorations

I put up the fall type stuff but stayed away from the ghosts and goblins until at least October. Not much else going on around here. We had curriculum night at the school last night where we got to meet Ashley's teachers. I approached the principal and asked why they can't do something about off campus lunch and he said the school is overcrowded and he doesn't have room for 500 students to eat lunch at the same time in the cafeteria. I explained to Ashley she is not allowed to go to the mall. The principal said that about 50% of the kids go to the mall for their lunch hour. He even said that there have been accidents (one girl actually got run over) fights and problems with kids smoking but still they can't do anything about it. It irritates the heck out of me. As long as I know Ashley isn't one of them going over there I guess I will deal with it.

On another note I have talked to my mom. She decided at the last minute on Friday to go to a friends house out in Kingwood. She is now glad she did. A tree fell on one side of her trailer and another on her storage building in the back where the lawnmower, freezer and other tools are kept. She is very thankful to be alive and well.




Playing outside
Lily looks lost

3 comments:

Shelley said...

It looks like you live in a beautiful area. We may be moving back to Texas (in Indiana now), so I'm taking advantage of the fall activities here that you can't get in Texas! We'll be checking out hayrides, pumkin patches, corn mazes, etc..... I love the seasons here! The first year we were here, I was surprise at how people decorated for the fall, but now I can see why!

Shelley

Nanna said...

wow, beautiful flowers, no mud, no mosquitos and no ants, you must not be in Louisiana any more! love to all nanna

Kim H. said...

Glad to hear that your Mom is alright. Enjoy the fall weather - and I'd be freaked out about Ashley too!