Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to basics

So I admit I am not a huge fan of Oprah, in fact she irritates the snot out of me on most days. I dvr her everyday anyway. I was catching up last night and one show really made me think. It was Monday's show about living a simpler life. I loved most of the things that were incorporated and think all families could benefit from these, not only in a tough economy, but always!

*family meals- I love this and we eat as a family every night. We even eat breakfast together on the weekends. I think time spent around the table is some of the best memories I have with my family.
*T.V- more and more families these days spend too much time in front of this distraction. I would love for families to turn the tv off and pull out those old pictures albums/year books/baby books, play a game, read books or take a walk.
*Talk to one another. With the internet, texting, blogging, facebook, blackberry technology we have today it's a wonder we even know how to have a conversation anymore. Take time to talk to each other. I try to call my mom every other day even if it's just to say hi and to hear her voice. Aaron and I both make it a point to ask Ashley how her day was and to see what's going on in her world.

I hope that despite the tough economy families will be brought closer together.

Give me your tips on what brings your family closer.

1 comment:

Freckles Fotography said...

I got caught up on my Oprah last night while Dustin was out. I watched that show as well. We are pretty basic as it is.. lol.. but I could see some things we could tweak for sure!
Did you watch the Show about the little girl Danielle that they found at 8 years old and was locked in a room. I was bawling like a baby.. so anyway.. great post girl! Loved talking to you today!!