Friday, March 27, 2009

Follow up Friday!

Ethan, Zach and Emma's mom asked: What parenting techniques that you used for Ashley when she was small have you changed with the babies? Or has your parenting style basically stayed the same? 
Answer: Great question. I have thought about this lately since the babies are getting to the age where saying no is an everyday occurrence. I think with Ashley since I was so young when I had her (17) and I was a single mom for so long I was wayyyyyyy to laid back. She pretty much walked all over me. I was not firm in my discipline and she knew that if she begged long enough I would give in. All that has changed sine I have gotten older and of course since Aaron and I have been married since she was 8. With the babies I think it will be different because we have a 2 parent family from the beginning and I will be firm this time around.  

Mama Jean asked: I have always wondered what men feel like to women who are fat or obese. Do you think Aaron feels that he would love you if you became obese.  
Answer: This cracks me up Mama Jean. of course he would love me. Or at least I would hope so. He fell in love with me because I am me and I am sure a few extra pounds wouldn't change that.   

Betsy asked: If you had to move somewhere else in  the world for Aaron's job, and it couldn't be back to Texas, where would you want to go? :)
Answer: Well hmmmm that's a toughy. Maybe Louisiana if we couldn't go back to Texas. HA!! No really somewhere in the U.S. would be good. I couldn't imagine going to another country especially if they didn't speak english. 

1 comment:

Esther said...

Great answer--thanks! Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it?